Thursday, March 9, 2017

Three years ago . . .

 . . . I sat down at the computer desk, opened blogger and typed up my very first post here on Whimsical Writings for His Glory. I honestly had no idea what had in mind for the blog long-term, but I wanted it to be a place I could share some short stories, maybe some poems and whatnot. To be honest, I wasn't quite sure what all I was going to post, or where this blog would take me.




Fast forward three years.  I've published thee books, my blog has been viewed over 30K times, and I have 71 Google followers and 31 email followers.

Wow. God has used this little blog to allow me to meet people and have adventures I never dreamed were possible. During my time here, I discovered my love of WWII history, (I'm sure none of you knew that... ;P) I've participated and won two NaNoWriMo's, and met five of my internet friends in person. I've traveled to every state west of Kansas, as well as the two states south of us.

I've ran barefoot down dirt roads, gotten inspiration while perched in a tree, and danced in the rain. I've learned that time is precious, and once it is gone, it will never return. I've seen seasons change, and I've felt the pang at knowing we can never go back to the way things once were.

But most importantly of all, I've grown closer to my Savior. Don't get me wrong, I'm not at all perfect. I'm still far from where I want to be in my walk with God. But these years I've been learning to trust. Learning to lean on Him when times get rough. And above all, looking to Jesus as the author and finisher of our faith.

I'm not sure where the next three years will take me, but I'm excited to find out, and so blessed to have you all along with me for the journey!

Spring is here, and summer is just around the bend. A season of new beginnings, and a time to pause and reflect. And then, a time to let your hair down, throw off your shoes, and run with abandon into the wind as you explore what is just around the bend.

I'm excited to see God has in store for the future! Will you join me?

12 comments:

  1. This is so sweet, Jesseca. :) So, so much can change in three years... Life is so beautiful. Yahweh is with us every step of the way, no matter what season. And knowing that, makes life absolutely Beautiful!
    What states south have you been? :) Whew, 5 friends, you've been the busy bud, haha! Sounds awesome though.
    And I am super glad you discovered your love of WWII! ;D =) It is so neat you have an ancestor who defended our nation during that time... that really does make it find a place in your heart, doesn't it?
    May God bless you, and may we keep our hearts and souls on the King through every season. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *nods* Yes . .. it's so crazy and amazing how you can look back and see how things worked out!
      Haha, I meant the two states directly ? south. OK and TX. ;) I know!! I've been so blessed to be able to meet each and every one of them!
      Yes, knowing that someone related to you was in the fight . . .it makes you want to learn all you can about it. :)
      Thank you! God bless you as well!!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations!!! How exciting! And what a wonderful ride you have been on!! You have accomplished so much!! It's so awesome! Here's to the next three years! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Morgan!! It has been exciting! ;) Thanks!

      Delete
  3. I enjoyed reading your reflections, Jesseca! And congratulations on three years of blogging and all those other stats! I'm looking forward to many more. :) Enjoy your spring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you enjoyed, Jessica! Thank you! I am as well. ;) *nods* I am!!! :)

      Delete
  4. Three years, how exciting!! Congratulations, girl. I absolutely love this blog and this beautiful post. :) Keep up the fabulous work, and God bless. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesss, it seems crazy! Thank you!! :) Aww, I;'m so glad you enjoyed it! God bless you, too!

      Delete
  5. Okay, this is beautiful. *nods* Happy blog birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your blogiversary Jesseca! I wish you all the best in your coming years as a blogger.

    ReplyDelete